Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Cozy At Home Time

Dear Diary,
Having had dinner, done my homework, and settled in for another average night alone in my room, I was faced with a conundrum. I had my pjs on and was already lying down, but I reallyyyy wanted hot chocolate. If you're as lazy as me, this is an utter travesty! I couldn't BELIEVE I've done this to myself. It was a definite face-palm worthy moment, but I PERSEVERED. Once I got my flower covered red and blue hot cocoa mug and added the milk, I decided to find my favorite book to go with it. I'm not one to discriminate against any sort of book, but today I wanted a Special one. So, after a long thought process, (the amount of time it takes milk to boil) I decided on the Outsiders. Don't worry dear reader, I've not strung you out this far just to say, "And then I went back and fell asleep. The end" I think that the outsiders is an Amazing Book because the narrator Ponyboy is just Perfect. He embodies who I wish I was in a lot of ways. He's Part of Something as it were. It never fails to make me cry and I think it fits what I want my entries in this blog journal to BE. It's one of those lovely coming of age, finding your place novels done perfectly. It's not (very) melodramatic either. I think in the scheme of things, I'd end up being a sort of Cherry not a Ponyboy; Just a girl, whining about her comfortable, middle-class life. I've certainly got friends that qualify as Sodapops or Dallys, so there's still hope! and now, I'm off to have a long chat with a good friend.
Lots of Love,
Paytoni

No comments:

Post a Comment