Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Adventure Time!

Dear Diary,

I feel like there are so many times were I feel like sprinting, running, climbing up a tree and overall having an adventure but daily life stops me. Who creates this system of life and why don't people ever seem to doubt it? everyday going to school, freaking out over a test about quadratic functions. Everyday I continued circle over and over, a life of organization, planning and trying to always be on top of things. No one ever has asked me whether I wanted that life.

When I was young I did not care about grades or money or college all I cared about was getting to school in the morning and hanging out with friends. Most days after school I went outside stole fruit from peoples yards, visited the crazy dog lady, ran around the neighborhood or bought candy from CVS. Of course my grades sucked and I got in trouble a little but I felt adventurous, daring and full of life. 

Ever since seventh grade I've been wanting to have an adventure, wanting it to come and sweep me away instead of me finding it so teachers and parents won't call me irresponsible, idiotic or inconsiderate. Yet nothing ever comes besides the things I make up that keep me up all night. Things that make me scream for someone to check under my bed for monsters because I made myself think the footsteps outside the door were those of a mutation.

One day I'm determined to have an adventure in a distant land were I will become a pirate and battle faeries. Die a noble death and have my last words be may adventure find you at every corner, and someone will write it on a great list of quotes under mine name because they were my death words. Even though some poor girl who lived through adventure books and never had any friends but was brilliant will have said it before. Oh goodness gracious now I've gone and ruined the ending. Eh, well when does life ever have a perfect ending.

Now, to prevent myself from going on an angsty rant about how life sucks I'm going to do my math homework and listen to my Les Miserables soundtrack. Oh my goodness I LOVE MARIUS!!!!! goddammit I'm just a rant machine.

Okay now seriously I have to learn about quadratic functions or whatever its called.

Sincerely,
Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment